Hakuaika päättyy: 30.04.2019
As Data Engineer at Sanoma you will
– Work side-by-side with Data Scientist to develop models and to build and prototype iteratively to provide insights fast and validate analytical or business hypotheses.
– Turn machine learning models into data products, collaborate with engineering teams and proactively drive for improvements in our workflow and productivity as an integral part of the Data Science team.
– Take a leading role in designing our analytics production pipeline, holistically planning the architecture of our machine learning systems and developing the team’s capabilities to increase product lifecycle times and velocity
– Collaborate with other teams and units using your expertise in cloud architecture and machine learning engineering to drive the development of our common data assets and services in a transparent and coherent way
– Communicate effectively with business stakeholders on results and insights by translating them to be understandable and actionable, e.g. using visualizations and proof-of-concept prototypes.
The position is based at Sanomatalo in Helsinki, Finland.
– Master’s degree in computer science or related fields (e.g. machine learning, data science, software engineering)
– Expertise in parallel and distributed computing and experience with relevant tools, especially Apache Spark
– Knowledge of cloud architecture, experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus
– Good fundamental knowledge and experience in statistical modeling, machine learning, and fluency in the related technical tools
– Excellent programming and software engineering skills (we primarily use Scala and in some cases Python for production code in the Data Science team)
– Experience with open source machine learning or statistical analysis tools
– Skills in data processing. Experience using real data to solve real problems is a plus
– Experience in building machine learning based services and products on a large scale.
– A result oriented and proactive approach to work and a drive to constantly learn.
At Sanoma Media Finland you will have
– Access to a modern and well maintained data infrastructure, diverse and large scale data sources and an experienced team with a scientific yet lean mindset
– Make an impact by supporting our original, independent and deeply reported journalism.
– A key position with interesting and challenging tasks, a good view to the Sanoma Media Finland and excellent opportunities for professional growth. You will be part of a highly motivated and experienced team in an open and informal setting, where initiative is expected and rewarded. Come and join us in an exciting transformation to a multimedia future. Welcome to Sanoma!
Interested? Please, fill in the application and enclose your CV at latest on 16th of April 2019. Please provide GitHub or portfolio site if available. For more information, please contact Clemens Westrup, clemens.westrup(a)sanoma.com.