Data Engineer (junior – mid level – senior)
Hakuaika päättyy: 06.04.2020
Data Engineer (junior – mid level – senior)
Data is a strategic key enabler at Sanoma Media Finland and plays an essential role throughout our digital products that you may be familiar with, such as Helsingin Sanomat, Ilta-Sanomat and the video-on-demand service Ruutu. The data team is central to this objective by delivering data-driven business insights and developing data products using modern technologies to meet the needs of the user and business.
We value the principles of modern data architecture, serverless compute and microservices. Our vision is to provide a real-time view for our internal customers, so that our product designers, analysts and customer service can provide ever improving customer experience to our readers, viewers, service users and media sales customers. Our media reach extends to most Finns on a weekly basis, so making the data usable and accessible is an essential goal for our business.
Our data team is growing, and we are looking for professionals in all seniority levels. You can be just starting your data engineering career or have several years of experience in demanding data projects. You will be working closely with product teams, developers, data scientists and analysts and you’ll be supported by our strong team of data architects and engineers.
Depending on your profile and interests, your role could be directed to support for example machine learning solutions and data science, business data solutions or DevOps practices. Please express your interest areas in the application.
In our team it’s possible for you to
– Build products and services that impact millions of users every day
– Learn the state-of-the-art data management methods and tools
– Influence the design decisions from architecture to the nitty-gritties
– Be a part of a diverse and experienced data team
– Bring your enthusiasm to learn about and apply the latest trends in machine learning, distributed databases, recommendation systems, new generation marketing automation, etc. together with the team.
You know how to combine business requirements with optimized technical cloud solutions. You get things done and communicate effectively with different stakeholders.
You don’t have to master everything but some of the following experiences and skills would be useful in our team:
– Solid knowledge of software engineering, data structures and algorithms
– Good understanding of public cloud services for data development, AWS preferred
– High volume data processing with distributed systems, e.g. Apache Spark
– Data storage solutions for big data environments, NoSQL databases, data warehouses, object storage and data encryption
– Expertise and interest in different programming languages like Python and Scala
– Familiarity with DevOps best practices and topics such as infrastructure as code, templates, CI/CD
– Knowledge of serverless development and frameworks is a benefit
– Technical understanding of cloud architecture and experience of building modern data platforms
– Knowledge and curiosity about new technologies (open source, security, containers, micro services)
– Clear verbal and written communication in English, Finnish is a plus
– Time management and organizational skills.
We offer you
– Versatile and unique challenges in analytics and the latest tools to support that journey
– Modern premises in the Helsinki city center
– Data to build modern services on and a mature data team
– The possibility to work with the newest technology
– Benefits of a big company
– The opportunity to learn fast in our active data developer community
– Plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and develop your skills
– Fast, easy-going and flexible working environment.
Agile, Lean, Scrum, Unit testing, Test Automation, Jenkins, Scala, Python, Apache Spark, git, DevOps, AWS, EMR, Redshift, Kinesis, Glue, Batch, Lambda, Delibird, Step Functions, ECS, CloudFormation, CodeStar, Cloud9, S3, CloudWatch, Fargate, Docker, Kubernetes, PyTorch, MLFlow, scikit-learn, Kafka, Snowflake, Marketo, SAS, Adobe Campaign, PowerBI, Feebas, Distributed databases, Serverless, Microservices, SQL, ETL, Parquet, AVRO, Databricks, Keras, TensorFlow, Delta Lake
In Sanoma we process terabytes of data such as video streams, behavioral online data and transactional data with a direct impact on how people consume their media in Finland. Be part of our journey developing new analytical capabilities and influencing how Finnish people use their media!
Interested? Please apply by sending your CV/application. This role will be filled when right candidate is found. We are looking forward to learning about your previous projects and roles.