Lead Data Strategist
Hakuaika päättyy: 07.04.2019
We are looking for a Lead Data Strategist to increase SMF’s maturity in taking advantage of ML, AI, and statistical methods to solve business challenges and generate new business opportunities. The person ideally works as a connector between all SMF media and business units and the data science and engineering teams. This evangelist type of role gives great opportunity to make real business impact.
Responsibilities and Duties
– Identifying business problems that can be solved with data, concepting the solution using data and ML/AI/statistical methods, calculating the business case, and making a project plan for productizing the solution
– Follow ML and AI development in the industry and give suggestion for SMF future direction
– (Increase knowledge of AI and ML in SMF)
– Network with ML/AI projects inside Sanoma group
– Evaluate external ML and AI solutions, eg by networking with the startups area, and make recommendation whether to buy our build in-house.
– Ideally you’d be representing Sanoma also in external events and conferences
– Answering ad hoc business questions and providing insight for decision making based on data.
Useful qualifications to manage the job would be
– Deep understanding of machine learning
– Excellent understanding of statistics, multi-variable calculus and linear algebra
– Experience using data visualization tools
– Experience with data querying languages, and statistical or mathematical software and programming
– Ideally a MSc or PhD degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or Economics
We’re looking for team player with good communication, presentation and co-operation skills. You’re interested solving business challenges with data and have interest towards media industry. Also understanding or interest in privacy related questions would be important in this position. All in all you love working with talented people and solve problems together.
At Sanoma we offer plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and develop your skills. We understand the value of good work-life balance, and take flexible hours for granted.
Interested? Make your move and apply now or at latest on 07.04.2019. Please note that we are reviewing and interviewing applicants already during the application period.
If you have any questions, please contact Sanoma Media Finland Chief Data Officer Paula Hiltunen, paula.hiltunen(at)sanoma.com or LinkedIn, linkedin.com/in/paula-hiltunen-237160a